Everyone who has ever picked up an instrument has thought about recording. Either recording themselves or going into a multi-bajillion dollar studio to capture their sound and their creativity.
In this two-day course, you will experience wiring a studio (literally) from the ground up with no computer in sight, and the truly exquisite experience of hooking up a recorder to a mixer then hearing the studio actually work. You will also learn to work as a team to build a 16 track digital studio with a medium format analog mixer. And learn to trust your ears to record and playback audio.
The importance of signal flow and the understanding of audio pathways and connections (essential in any musical situation; recording, live or otherwise) will be discussed and demonstrated at length. The class size is kept to a minimum to ensure everyone has a chance to ask questions and get answers. Basic mixing and recording techniques will be discussed, however, the focus on this workshop will be a basic understanding of the recording studio experience and how much listening plays a role in the final product of any recording.
- Turn a pile of cable and gear into a recording studio.
- Basic recording techniques will be explained and used.
- Recording WITHOUT a computer.
- Learn comprehensive signal flow, wiring, and equipment setup.
- Basic analog mixer use and general troubleshooting.
- Record a live musical act.
- Interacting with clients.
- Food and beverages will be provided.
Course Schedule and Pricing
|Course Length:||Two Consecutive Days (14 Hours)|
|Course Time(s):||10:00am – 5:00pm|