The backbone of any touring band is their road crew and techs. In this modern-day where music sales or on the decline and touring is on the incline, the guitar tech is one of the most needed and sought after pieces of the touring puzzle. The guitar tech maintains the artist’s instruments, pedals and amplifiers from gig to gig and needs to be able to troubleshoot real-world problems in mere minutes.
In this program the student will learn to build, repair and diagnose issues from everything including instruments, amps, and pedals, to the signal flow of the pedalboard, backline gear, cabling and more. Get ready to hit the road and lend tour support to some of the world’s greatest musical acts.
- Build your very own custom guitar.
- Build your very own custom 5-watt and 15 watt tube amp(s).
- Build a variety of custom pedals.
- Learn Soldering techniques.
- Learn to troubleshoot real-world problems with the equipment.
- Learn the concepts of sound creation and manipulation to create personalized sounds and or settings.
- Learn the technical aspects of the circuits that create the sounds.
- Learn the relevance of signal flow.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Cable making and troubleshooting.
- Job placement assistance.
Program Schedule and Pricing
|Program Length||6 consecutive weeks (Mon – Fri)|
|Program Date(s)||June 8th – July 17th, 2020|