A drummer is the backbone of almost any band or music group in today’s musical landscape. Being “on time” is just a small portion of what makes a successful drummer. The better a drummer can understand their kit and the wide array of options available to them, the better they can take full advantage of their craft. Since everything involved with creating a drummer’s signature sound is subjective, this course is geared towards giving the students access to hearing (and playing) different tuning styles, head & stick selections, kit set-up, etc.
Students will also learn how to do basic drum repair, maintenance and troubleshooting as well as get the chance to refurbish a broken cymbal that they can take home with them.
- Learn a variety of tuning techniques.
- Experiment with different drum kit setups & materials.
- Learn drum kit maintenance & repair.
- Learn proper playing ergonomics.
- Access a variety of head & stick options.
- Refurbish broken cymbals/crack repair.
- Food and beverages will be provided.
Course Schedule and Pricing
|Course Length:||Two Consecutive Days (14 Hours Total)|
|Course Day(s):||May 23rd & 24th, 2020|
|Course Time(s):||10:00am – 5:00pm|