- This event has passed.
Amplifier Building: 5 Watt Edition
February 4 @ 10:00 am - February 5 @ 5:00 pm$1000
An amplifier is the voice-box of the electric guitar and bass and plays a key role in helping to create a player’s signature tone or sound. Understanding the inner workings of an amplifier allows the player to take a more active role in the development of their sound and be able to troubleshoot technical issues when they arise on stage or off.
In this course, the students will get to build their very own custom 5-Watt Tube Amp, designed exclusively for El Camino School by ValveTrain Amplification. This amp is based on the beloved 5-watt Custom Champ amp from the 1950s. By taking this hands-on approach the student will get to touch each part of the amplifier as well as learn how it contributes to the whole working device.
- Build your very own custom EC5 5-watt tube amp.
- Learn proper soldering techniques.
- Learn the concepts of sound creation and manipulation to create personalized sounds and or settings.
- Learn the technical aspects of the circuits that create the sounds.
- Food and beverages will be provided.
Course Schedule and Pricing
|Course Length:||Two Consecutive Days (14 Hours Total)|
|Course Day(s):||February 4th & 5th, 2023|
|Course Time(s):||10:00am – 5:00pm|
|Course Sign-Up:||Register on Eventbrite|